The NMAC (
Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation
) Account Manager app allows car buyers of Nissan and Infiniti to manage their car financing account online.
In this project, the team and I helped the client diagnose and redesigned the NMAC mobile app for a better user experience, and thus improved on its customer ratings.
I worked on this project during my internship at Digitas NYC, during which I performed the role of business analyst and collaborated with two senior UX designers throughout the duration of this project. My experience and skill set as a UX designer came as a strength to fulfill my duties and go beyond that to contribute to the design and delivery.
Design Consultant, Tech BA, Prototyper Usability Evaluation | User Stories | Functional Requirements | Prototyping | Interaction & Animation | Design Annotation
Team     Project manager, Business Analyst, UX designers, Visual designer
Time     June - August 2017
a mobile website in a native app skeleton :(
Apart from implementation issues, we found these UX issues and aimed at solving them:
- The app is not mobile friendly as it failed to use common mobile patterns.
- The information is clustered and lacks visual hierarchy. The main CTAs such as "Make a payment" were misplaced and not treated with enough visual emphasis.
- The app did too much, and has poor navigation. It was hard for the user to locate important information or find what they need.
- It failed to utilize user-friendly native app functionalities.
Usability Evaluation & Best-in-class Study
(Click to zoom)
DESIGN GOAL & TREATMENT
- - to use the mobile patterns that are familiar to the user
- - to utilize gestural interface
- - to incorporate native app features, e.g. TouchID, notification, photo scan
- - (visual) to have a on-brand modern visual style
- - to personalize product feature along with user’s car financing lifecycle
- - to decluster information for mobile screens
- - to simplify steps for main user tasks
- - to provide better visual hierarchy
We worked with client to define the success of the project. Meanwhile, we acknowledged other influencers of the outcome.
- - Increased App Store Ratings & Reviews
- - Fewer Customer Service Complaints
- - Increased Adoption Rate (Downloads)
Mix of Influences
- i. Design
- ii. Technology
- iii. Media / Communications